Cyber Security Essential
This course provides general understanding about the importance of cyber security; create awareness on the growing cyber threats and trends and its impact towards cyber terrorism and internet radicalization. It also explains cyber terrorism framework and describes the core aspects of cyber terrorism.
This 2-days comprehensive course is tailored according to Malaysian perspective.
- Nurture participants on the importance of cyber security
- Increase awareness on the use of internet in radicalization
- Raise the adoption of cyber security in creating a safer cyberspace and a better place to live and work
- Identify different types of threats, risks and vulnerabilities that exist in both cyberspace and non-cyberspace environment
- Learn different type of security management practices
- Learn various components of cyber terrorism
- Understand cyber terrorism framework
- Develop thorough understanding on cyber security by analysing case studies
- IT and non-IT managers and executives
- Individuals who are new to cyber security and are seeking to learn and improve their knowledge and skills in the field
- Cyber security Team leaders and critical information custodians
- Individual with basic IT fundamentals and is interested to learn more about information security and cyber terrorism
Cyber Security - The New Frontier
- Training & Capacity Building
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Landscape in Malaysia
- The Human Factors & Motivations
- The Needs of Cyber Security Capacity Building
- The Cyber Security Education Framework
- Cyber Security Guiding Principles
- Vulnerabilities & Threats
- Stages of Cyber Security Mitigation
- Cyber Security at Workplace
- Cyber Crimes
- Common Cyber Threats
- Anatomy of Cyber Attacks
- Cyber Security Issues and Challenges
- Cyber Space Challenges
- Cyber Crimes
- Real Cyber Incidents
- Case Studies in Handling High Technology Crimes
- Defense-in-Depth in Summary
- Malaysia Initiatives
- CNII Sectors
- Cyber Related Laws
- Cyber Security Issues and Challenges
- Definition of Cyber Threats
- Concept of Cyber Terrorism
- Internet Radicalization and Terms
- The Internet as Enabler of Cyber Terrorism
Conceptualizing Use of the Internet for Terrorist Purposes & Type of Activities
Cyber Terrorism Framework
- Existing Models
- Framework Components
- Analysis of Cyber Terrorism Incidents (case study)
Ts. Lee Hwee Hsiung
Head of Department
Cyber Security Professional Development
Mr. Lee has more than 25 years of experience in the Technopreneur environment, involved in the setup and commissioning of technology-based organizations in the area of multimedia development, training, e-learning and strategy business development.
Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Microelectronics from the University College of Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur and Campbell University, North Carolina USA. He obtained a Master in Business Administration from the Malaysia Multimedia University in the year 2008.
He is currently a Fellow with the National University of Malaysia (UKM), an Associate in Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) by the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and a certified ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor.
He was awarded as Honouree for Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) in the category of Managerial Professional for Information Security Project(s) on July 26 2012 in Tokyo, Japan and the recipient of “One of the Most Outstanding Chief Security Officers (CSO) in the ASEAN region 2012” by the CSO ASEAN Awards 2012 organized by IDG.
Lt Col Mustaffa Bin Ahmad (Retired) C|CISO
Senior Vice President
Outreach & Capacity Building
Lt Col Mustaffa bin Ahmad (Retired) C|CISO psc is the Senior Vice President, Outreach and Capacity Building Division of CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM) – an agency under the purview of Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia. Prior to joining CSM in 2007, he has served more than 18 years in the Malaysian Armed Forces in various capacities including a stint as a United Nations Military Observer in Western Sahara, Africa and his last post was the Commanding Officer of the 6th Battalion of the Royal Malay Regiment.
He holds a Bachelor and Master’s degree in Mass Communications and Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Superior, USA, a Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Studies from University Malaya, and a graduate of the prestigious Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College.
Mustaffa spearheads CyberSecurity Malaysia’s Outreach and Capacity Building Division and contributed his thoughts towards cyber safety awareness and education program, targeting children, parents, teachers, students, and organisations. His current position requires him to utilize his strong management skill and vast experience to plan and administer the overall training programs to ensure CSM is equipped with up-to-date professional training modules. He helped develop the Global ACE Certification Project which was named as the World Summit on the Information Society Prizes (WSIS Prizes) 2020 Winner at the WSIS Forum 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland recently. Mustaffa has been recognized also as a leader in internet safety and digital citizenship where he has been invited on various panels in forums and conferences, created modules and national school’s discourse competition with the Ministry of Education. He has appeared in numerous radio and TV talk shows to instill acculturation of cyber security among Malaysians. Mustaffa is also a Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO) and is a proud father of five children.
- 26 - 27 July 2022 (confirmed - online)
- 18 - 19 October 2022
12 CPD Point
Please submit the Certificate of Completion to Global ACE Certification at www.globalace.org
Have any inquiries? Check out the FAQ