Digital Security Essential
Moving toward the digital economy, digital transformation is the first and most critical step in which everyone must be involved. In the process, we are exposing more vulnerabilities and threats that will incessantly challenge our economies and societies. Cyberattacks on digital assets are the most critical as they will harm assets, reputation, competitiveness and businesses and threaten human safety unless mitigated appropriately.
This course provides an essential understanding of digital security and its associations with the digital economy and digital transformation. The course will highlight the importance of cyber security and its impact on the digital economy, digital assets of concerned, capacity building and awareness of the growing cyber threats. It also explains the capacity-building framework and describes the core component of digital security domains.
- Nurture participants on the importance of cyber security
- Intensify awareness of digital security in the digital transformation and digital economy environment
- Highlight the digital security threats, risks, vulnerabilities, and the awareness programs related to digital security
- Identify critical assets and digital security risks
- Establish an actionable mitigation plan
- IT and non-IT managers and executives
- Individuals who are new to cyber security and are seeking to learn and improve their knowledge and skills in the field
- Cyber security Team leaders and critical information custodians
- Individual with basic IT knowledge and is interested to learn more about digital security
- Chapter 1: Digital Security - The New Frontier
- Chapter 2: Digital Security - Trust in the Digital Age
- Chapter 3: Digital Security - Principles & Frameworks
- Chapter 4: Digital Security Awareness and ProgramsThe Needs of Cyber Security Capacity Building
- Chapter 5: Digital Security - Common Digital Security Attacks
- Chapter 6: Malaysia’s Initiatives
- Chapter 7: Digital Security Asset Identification and Risk Mitigation Plans (Class practical)
- Chapter 8: Digital Security - Issues and Challenges
Ts. Lee Hwee Hsiung
Head of Department
Cyber Security Professional Development
Mr. Lee has more than 25 years of experience in the Technopreneur environment, involved in the setup and commissioning of technology-based organizations in the area of multimedia development, training, e-learning and strategy business development.
Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Microelectronics from the University College of Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur and Campbell University, North Carolina USA. He obtained a Master in Business Administration from the Malaysia Multimedia University in the year 2008.
He is currently a Fellow with the National University of Malaysia (UKM), an Associate in Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) by the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and a certified ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor.
He was awarded as Honouree for Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) in the category of Managerial Professional for Information Security Project(s) on July 26 2012 in Tokyo, Japan and the recipient of “One of the Most Outstanding Chief Security Officers (CSO) in the ASEAN region 2012” by the CSO ASEAN Awards 2012 organized by IDG.
Lt Col Mustaffa Bin Ahmad (Retired) C|CISO
Senior Vice President
Outreach & Capacity Building
Lt Col Mustaffa bin Ahmad (Retired) C|CISO psc is the Senior Vice President, Outreach and Capacity Building Division of CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM) – an agency under the purview of Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia. Prior to joining CSM in 2007, he has served more than 18 years in the Malaysian Armed Forces in various capacities including a stint as a United Nations Military Observer in Western Sahara, Africa and his last post was the Commanding Officer of the 6th Battalion of the Royal Malay Regiment.
He holds a Bachelor and Master’s degree in Mass Communications and Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Superior, USA, a Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Studies from University Malaya, and a graduate of the prestigious Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College.
Mustaffa spearheads CyberSecurity Malaysia’s Outreach and Capacity Building Division and contributed his thoughts towards cyber safety awareness and education program, targeting children, parents, teachers, students, and organisations. His current position requires him to utilize his strong management skill and vast experience to plan and administer the overall training programs to ensure CSM is equipped with up-to-date professional training modules. He helped develop the Global ACE Certification Project which was named as the World Summit on the Information Society Prizes (WSIS Prizes) 2020 Winner at the WSIS Forum 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland recently. Mustaffa has been recognized also as a leader in internet safety and digital citizenship where he has been invited on various panels in forums and conferences, created modules and national school’s discourse competition with the Ministry of Education. He has appeared in numerous radio and TV talk shows to instill acculturation of cyber security among Malaysians. Mustaffa is also a Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO) and is a proud father of five children.
- 8 - 9 Feb 2023
- 10 - 11 May 2023
- 16 - 17 Aug 2023
- 3 - 4 Oct 2023
MYR1,800.00 (subject to 6% SST)
Please click here to register
Contact us to request for a quotation
12 CPD Point
Please submit the Certificate of Completion to Global ACE Certification at www.globalace.org
Have any inquiries? Check out the FAQ