Cyber Security : Myth vs. Facts
Learn How to Mitigate the Impact of Cyber Crime On Your Business.
- Understand the Basics of Security and Attack Lifecycle;
- Demystify common Myths with Live Demos;
- Understand how hackers fish your data from you and use it against you; and
- Understand cyber security best practices.
- Attendees will learn on basics of Security, Hacking attacks and understand about Vulnerabilities and Exploits and how defence technologies like Anti-Virus, Firewall, IPS & IDS work;
- Attendees will learn on how hackers manipulate and turn their mind and data against them for a successful attack. Attendees will also learn on different social engineering attacks including Facebook based attacks with DEMOS and Best practices on how to be aware and secure from these attacks; and
- Attendees will learn cybersecurity best practices for Email, Messaging, Social Media, Browsing, Password Management, How to handle during and after a breach, Cyberinsurance.
Session 1 : Introduction : Anatomy of an Attack
- What is Security, Vulnerabilities & O-Days
- Attack life Cycle & How much hacker makes by selling your passwords and data?
- Different Attack Vectors, Threats Vs. Risks, Exploit Basics
- Why Perimeter defenses are failing?
- Why Anti-Virus is not enough?
- Financial Implications of a Cyber Attack
- Websites are fully secure once there is a HTTPS Green or Gold lock
- Antivirus will protect us from Viruses
- WiFi Hotspots are safe
- As long as I don’t download a file from Internet, I will not be infected
- iPhone is Secure
- Mobile Apps downloaded from Play Store are Secure
- My Business / Data in too small for a cyber attack
- Bringing my own Device is safe
- IT Will take care of everything, we don’t have to worry
- ‘From’ address in an Email confirms that the email is sent by the email user
- My Online business is safe using marketplaces
- Online shopping and Online payment are very safe
- USB devices are the safest storage medium
- Privacy and Social Media
- PII : Personally Identifiable Information & Personal Data Protection Act
- What is strong Password ? Why password must be changed at least once in 90 days?
- Why u should not use same password in more than 1 web application?
- Phishing Attacks
- Email File attachment Attacks
- Phone Call & Sweet Talking
- Facebook and social Media based attacks
- Disposable Emails
- WhatsApp, Telegram and similar Messaging Systems attacks
- Best Practices for Safer Social Media Usage
- Best Practices for Password Management & Privacy
- Best Practices for Browsing
- Best Practices for Email Security
- Best Practices for Messaging Software
- Best Practices for Laptop/Desktop Security
- Best Practices for Data Storage and Backup
- Best practices for Mobile
- How to handle During and After a Breach?
- Mitigating Risk through Cyber Insurance
- Mr. Clement Arul is a two-time recipient of Cyber Security Professional of the Year in 2017 and 2014 as well as a three-time Regional Award winner of Cyber Security Professional of the Year Asia and APAC in 2020, 2019 and 2017.
- A Principal Technology Architect, Security Professional and an Evangelist with Twenty Two (22) years of IT experience in Cyber Security, Ethical Hacking, Cyber Security Framework, Security Risk & Governance, Big Data, IoT, Systems Analysis, Design, Development, Secure Coding, Implementation, Digital Forensics and Project Management.
- Founder and CEO of Kaapagam Technologies Sdn. Bhd. and Kaapagam Education Services Sdn. Bhd. Also, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Vigilant Asia (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- He has contributed to National Cyber Security Framework and many more national initiatives and now working with few ASEAN governments in developing and implementing National Cyber Security Frameworks. He was also part of the Secure Implementation of Nigerian ID system Project in 2019 as the prime security expert consultant.
- Presented in more than 120 public conferences and Talks in last Year and more than 600+ in last 5 Years across ASEAN
- Chief Architect for KALAM – IT Security Collaboration Platform : An MOHE Award Winning Platform
- Chief Architect for VALARI : Common Criteria Certified (the only) Malaysian Web Application Firewall
- Chief Architect for SOC 2.0 – A Regional Managed Detection and Response Platform for SME
- Security Consultant for many Multi-National and Leading IT Companies and Agencies in ASEAN Region
- Specializes in Payment Gateway Hacking, Application Security & Penetration Testing, Big Data & IoT Security.
- Issued 100+ Web Vulnerability Disclosure Documents in last 4 years on Vulnerabilities discovered in Government, Corporate, Banks, Online Payment Gateways and e-Shopping websites in ASEAN.
- Provide Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Security Consultations, Security Frameworks, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity, and Security Audit Services for Customers in APAC Region.
- Conduct Workshops across ASEAN region on Penetration Test, Mobile Security, IoT Security, Forensics Investigations, Secure Programming, Disaster Recovery, Incident Handling, Business Data Analytics, and many more.
- Created a Security Awareness Certification under KALAM and have trained and certified 5300 people across ASEAN including Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia in the last year.
- Delivered Security Awareness Talk on Social Media & Cyber Attacks & Defences for public in THR Raaga Malaysia FM Radio: For the entire Nation
- Delivered 13 capsules (days) on various cyber security awareness topics and DO's and Dont's for general public : Nationwide Indian Audience on ASTRO Malaysia Vanavil TV.
4 CPD Point
Please submit the Certificate of Completion to Global ACE Certification at www.cybereducationscheme.org
Brought to you by: